Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Tradeshows Revisited

We have had a busy few weeks with our tradeshow presence, and there is more coming this fall.  And, as I mentioned in a previous post, I am so not in love with how "paper oriented" tradeshows still are.  Why can't more be done electronically?

Today I come bearing the news that shipping needs to be looked at too.  For two of my recent shows I contracted for shipment through the show contractor.  Both times the shipping company refused to come to my office to pick up the shipment - they wanted ME to deliver it to them while they just parked out front.  WHAT?

I was in disbelief....and believe me the show contractor heard from me and made it right. But seriously people - really?!?!?!

Today was different... 

Today will be marked on the books as the day when a shipping company got it right.

Today will be marked as the day when the shipping company called to tell us they were on the way.

Today will be marked as the day when the shipping company showed up in my office, confirmed all my pieces were present and then THANKED ME, yes THANKED ME for using them!

Why oh why, is this the exception and not the rule? 

Please share your thoughts on this process...there has to be a better way!

No comments: