Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Here we come Seattle....

So, I leave for my first PCMA Annual Meeting tomorrow morning. Now, in my time in this business I've planned and executed LOTS of annual meetings/conferences - so I know what is in store as far as sleep deprivation and my poor poor feet go.

What totally makes it worth it for me - and here's what I'm really looking forward to - seeing it in action. I can never tire of that energy, that sense of one - even if there are 3,000+ people - that happens when everyone is together...it is a huge adrenaline rush for me.

I don't know about you when you have a big event, but I make absolutely certain that I give myself some space to step back and watch the meeting happen, to enjoy the tiniest of moments...so that I don't feel like all I've done is execute and don't remember a thing. There is nothing worse than the feeling of "I MISSED IT!" - that is something I will make sure doesn't happen in Seattle.

And I know, as I sit here and type this that next Wednesday when it's the last day of the event I will wake up and wonder, "where the heck did the time go?" It's inevitable, despite the throbbing feet, that I will be sad that it is over. That I will have to say goodbye to all the new people I have met and to a city that is opening it's arms to us.

If you get a chance, check out this story that published this morning: http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/business/346609_convention09.html

Seattle is ready for us and we are ready for Seattle....here we come!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

PCMA is such an incredible organization. The area is very happy to have you here. I hope your experience is exceeding your expecations. I look forward to future entries.