Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Death by forms!

As I prepare for five tradeshows in the next 60 days - I have to tell you I'm going a little bonkers making sure all the paperwork is filled out correctly and completely.

Thing that amazes me are all the paper forms still - why can't I do more online? I am filling out at least five forms per show for a 10 x 10 booth.

I think there is a real opportunity here.

I work in the event/tradeshow/association business - so I get it. There are many many players to make a tradeshow successful - I know that. So I'm not so much complaining, well...I guess I am complaining...but I'm pushing us to come up with some better best practices here.

The opportunities are endless - one form with all the stuff, electronic forms, one payment form.

What I would love is an electronic checklist that helps walk me through the event start to finish to make sure I get all the right forms filled out and that I opt out of services I don't need.

Someone out there has to be doing some innovative work with this - please let me know what it is and I will promise to help spread the word!

No comments: